happy coming.

hi.
THE BEST DAMN CLASS EVER!
jealous? shoo.
WASP POEM!

Today i drowned a wasp that I
Found floating in my wine.
Its life is no longer its own, --> It's life is in the narrator's hands.
but neither is it mine. -->The narrator only wants to get rid of it
With cool precision turned by hate --> The narrator hates the wasp
I drowned it in the sink-
it struggled in the water --> The wasp is struggling for its life.
but I didn't stop to think -->The narrator wants to get rid of the wasp fast.
I didn't feel a pang at all,
I didn't change my mind,
I didn't even, really feel
that this was cruel, unkind.
If metamorphosis exists
perhaps a wasp I'll be
and i won't feel resentment
if you do the same to me.
I may regret the sunshine,
the pollen and the jam,
but I'll understand you're drowning me
because I'm what I am.

-Verity Bargate

[heheh, i scared no space, then the whole thing messed up, so i continue here:]

"I didn't feel a pang at all, I didn't change my mind, I didn't even, really feel that this was cruel, unkind." --> The narrator hates wasps a lot & thinks that wasps are pests so it did not matters to her if it is being drowned.

"and I won't feel resentment if you do the same to me." - the narrator thinks that what she did to the wasp is not wrong.

"but I'll understand you're drowning me because I'm what I am." - the narrator thinks that wasps are pest and they should be drowned to death.



ps, the narrator is a female as she did not dare to pick the wasp up with her hands.

i lazy post hedgehog eh.
YT LIN the GREAT